This post will cover the two types of CAES personnel profile pages:
Basic Personnel Directory Page
Every CAES employee or collaborator entered in the CAES Personnel Database will have a basic profile page available through the CAES Personnel Directory. The URL for a basic profile page will always begin with www.caes.uga.edu/about/personnel/.
Example of basic profile page:
The basic profile pages are dynamically generated by the website. When an employee leaves CAES and their employee record is removed from the CAES Personnel Database, this page will be removed automatically.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the CAES Personnel Database? The CAES Personnel Database contains information about CAES and UGA Extension employees and collaborators to keep our online directories up to date and to maintain information not tracked through the University of Georgia. Login to the Intranet to learn more about the CAES Personnel Database system.
- How do I update the information on this page? Each employee is responsible for requesting changes to their profile. To do so, navigate to the CAES Personnel Directory, find your personnel directory page and click on the link to Request changes. You will be required to login using your UGA MyID. Once you have submitted the request, your departmental HR representative will approve the change.
- Why do some personnel directory pages have a button linking to a full profile? Most faculty members have a full profile page located on their designated departmental website. These pages are managed by the department’s web content manager. Read more about the detailed biography profile page below.
Detailed Biography Profile Page
Detailed biography profile pages are created and managed by the web content manager at the department/unit level. The information on these full profile pages is written by the CAES employee or a designated representative.
Example of a full profile page:
When navigating to the People section of a departmental or unit website, the directory listing will link directly to the detailed biography profile page if available. If the employee does not have a full profile page, the link will direct to the basic personnel directory page.
When an employee leaves, the departmental or unit web content manager is responsible for deleting the full profile page from the website.
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I add or update biographical information on this page? Work directly with the web content manager for your department or unit to add or update content on your full profile page. Please contact your department head or administrative secretary if you are unsure of who to contact for help.
- What information can be included on a full profile page? Faculty and staff may add any appropriate content including, but not limited to, area of expertise, education, awards, publications, and links to external websites such as Google Scholar. Additionally, the web content manager can upload a CV and link to it on the page. The content can be formatted in columns with bulleted lists or written in paragraphs or a combination of both styles. View an example of a full profile using the paragraph overview style.
- How do I update my contact information in the gray box? Navigate to the CAES Personnel Directory, find your personnel directory page and click on the link to Request changes. You will be required to login using your UGA MyID. Once you have submitted the request, your departmental HR representative will approve the change.
- How do I add or update my profile photo? First, prepare your profile image by resizing it for the web. Profile photos should have an aspect ratio of 2×3 and should not exceed 600 pixels in width. All images must have a .jpg file extension. If you need help resizing the image, contact your web content manager or request assistance from email@example.com. Follow the directions above to Request changes and upload your image using the online form.
- I don’t have a full profile page. How do I get one? Contact your departmental or unit web content manager to discuss your options.