This article explains how to set up a MailChimp newsletter to automatically send your WordPress content to subscribers.
Upon request, OIT can help you set up your MailChimp newsletter. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Setting up a simple campaign using Mailchimp’s free plan
- Create a MailChimp account.
- Download the appropriate logo file: CAES | Extension | 4-H.
- Log in to your account, select Campaigns from the toolbar, then click the “Create Campaign” button.
- Select “Automated Email” and then select “Share blog updates.”
- Continue through the steps until you reach the Template section. Keep things simple and select the “basic” option for now.
- In the Design section, find “RSS Items” from the content panel on the right hand side and drag and drop into your newsletter’s body.
- Next, look on the right side for RSS Items Style. This will determine how much of your WordPress posts will be copied into your newsletter. We suggest that you select “Full Content.”
- Important: You’ll want to add an image item to your footer to replace the default image. Use the CAES, Extension, or 4-H logo you downloaded earlier.
- Now click “Preview and Test” and then “Enter Preview Mode.” This will allow you to see what your newsletter looks like when people receive an email on desktop or on their phone.
- Click “Confirm” or “Next” button. If you don’t see any issues and you’re ready, then click “Start RSS” button.
You’re all done!