This webinar was meant to educate UGA Cooperative Extension county offices on the basics of using MailChimp for contacting and staying in touch with clients.
Watch the MailChimp 102 webinar recording for a slightly more in depth discussion of MailChimp, including demonstrations of audience management and email creation.
Before you watch:
In the video, we explain how to upload a spreadsheet of clients. Some users have had their accounts locked by MailChimp for terms of service violations after importing clients via spreadsheet. It is most likely that the spreadsheets contained clients that looked suspicious to MailChimp. Please read our revised recommendations in the Getting started with MailChimp email newsletters post, under “The importance of permission” section.
This video was recorded on April 17, 2020. Information was current and correct as of then.
Additional Resources Mentioned in the Video
- Guide to creating an account
- Importance of getting permission before adding contacts
- Share a sign-up form on Facebook
- How to use groups
- Common segments
- All of MailChimp’s (very good) help documentation
- MailChimp’s 101 course
Documentation for Extension and CAES from OIT
- Complete documentation on MailChimp
- Complete documentation on WordPress blogs
- How to embed a MailChimp sign-up form on your blog site
- How to link your blog and MailChimp together
- Checklist for getting started with MailChimp
- LinkedIn Learning MailChimp 101 course (Free if you have a MyID)
- Let us know if you need additional assistance with MailChimp.