WordPress is a web content management system used for publishing blogs and websites associated with the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. The system allows you to modify your template and self-publish content.
Available addresses include:
How does OIT support WordPress?
OIT provides the following for you to get started publishing to your own blog or website:
- WordPress online software
- Specialized addresses at site.caes.uga.edu or site.extension.uga.edu
- CAES and Extension themed templates
- Initial blog or website set-up
- Basic support for WordPress features
- Investigation and implementation of plugins, feature requests, and theme adjustments
- DIY tutorials and best practices for using WordPress
The following features are provided and supported for blogs and websites using the CAES and Extension WordPress server.
- CAES and Extension branded templates
- Online editing
- Embed images and videos
- Image galleries
- Visitor tracking
- Visitor comments
- Robust search
- RSS feeds / subscriptions
- Widget presets (search, archive, topics, tags, contact, about blog)
- Extension associated topics (a list to help feed your content to the Extension website)
- Social sharing buttons
- Author bio(s) page
- Editable navigation
These additional items are available upon request:
- Import/export content from one site to another
- Embedding blog feed on your website
Support and training
Use our WordPress posts to learn how to modify your website and manage its content. Be prepared with a basic understanding of WordPress prior to taking ownership of your website from OIT.