WordPress is a web content management system used for publishing blogs and websites associated with the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and UGA Extension. The system allows you to modify your template and self-publish content.
How does OIT support WordPress?
OIT provides the following for you to get started publishing to your own blog or website:
- WordPress online software
- CAES and Extension branded themes
- Initial blog or website set-up
- Assignment of user accounts and permissions
- DIY tutorials and best practices for using WordPress
- Scheduled trainings
The following features are provided and supported for blogs and websites using the CAES and Extension WordPress server.
- CAES and Extension branded templates
- Online editing
- Embed images and videos
- Image galleries
- Visitor tracking
- Visitor comments
- Robust search
- RSS feeds / subscriptions
- Extension associated topics (a list to help feed your content to the Extension website)
- Social sharing buttons on posts
- Author biography pages
- Editable navigation
These additional items are available upon request:
- Import/export content from one site to another
- Embedding blog feed on your AEM website
Support and training
Use our WordPress posts to learn how to modify your website and manage its content. Be prepared with a basic understanding of WordPress prior to taking ownership of your website from OIT.
If you have any questions about your CAES or Extension WordPress site, please let us know by contacting the CAES Web Team at email@example.com.
Online Resource Management Policy
The Office of Information Technology adheres to the University of Georgia’s Online Resource Management Policy as outlined within the CAES Web Publishing Policy for all official CAES and UGA Extension websites.