After you create your own Mailchimp account, you will probably want to add a subscription form for your site. This article describes how.
Upon request, OIT can help you set up your MailChimp sign-up form. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Here are the steps to do this:
- When you go to your site’s admin panel, click “Mailchimp for WP” on the left sidebar.
- Get an API key by clicking on “Get your API key here”. This will take you to your Mailchimp account.
- Once you add the new key and copy it, go back to the “Mailchimp for WP” page and paste it on the API key.
- Click “save changes”.
Next, to begin creating a form, click “Form” under “Mailchimp for WP”. Type the form title, then click “add new form”.
Once the new form is created, you can copy and paste this code:
<p> <label>Email Address <span class="red">*</span></label> <input type="email" name="EMAIL" required> </p> <p> <label>First Name</label> <input type="text" name="FNAME"> </p> <p> <label>Last Name</label> <input type="text" name="LNAME"> </p> <p><span class="red">*</span> = required field</p> <p> <input class="button success postfix" type="submit" value="Subscribe"> </p>
When you save it, you should see the shortcode under this button. You can use the code anywhere on your pages/posts or you can use it in the widget on your sidebar or footer.
For a Mailchimp Widget, follow these steps:
- Click “Customize” under Appearance”.
- Click Widgets and you can select sidebar then add new widget, “Mailchimp Sign-up Form”.
- Don’t forget to click “Publish” at the top.
Hopefully, this post has been helpful! If you have trouble, reach out to us at email@example.com!