Do you want to send email updates to your subscribed readers when you post new blog content? The service that we’ve chosen for this is MailChimp, an online email service provider that can help manage the subscribers to your WordPress site and also send scheduled updates when you publish new blog content.
To learn more about how this works, check out these general questions.
- How do people sign up to receive updates?
- How often will someone get a WordPress site update email?
- What will the WordPress site update email look like?
- How can I optimize posts for the WordPress site update email?
In order to use this service, you will need to set up a MailChimp account to manage the subscribers. You will also need to share access to your MailChimp account with OIT. Follow the instructions below to do these things.
- Contact OIT
- Read MailChimp’s terms and conditions
- Set up a new MailChimp account
- Share your MailChimp account with OIT
Putting it all together
The final steps include working with OIT to fine tune your WordPress site update. Learn about what OIT will do to help you and what you will need to complete yourself.